Webroot Spysweeper Update Problem

The Spires 12:28 18 Sep 04

Has anyone else had a problem with todays update for Webroot Spysweeper? It locked my pc up.

The Spires 13:43 18 Sep 04

Bump

reddwarfcrew 22:33 18 Sep 04

It hasn't locked my pc, but spysweeper now crashes whenever I launch it.

You've ticked this - did you find the problem/solution?

The Spires 00:12 19 Sep 04

No, it seems it's a corrupted update, I assume this will be sorted. :-)

reddwarfcrew 21:09 21 Sep 04

any idea if this has been sorted and can risk the update again?

ventanas 21:29 21 Sep 04

I've just tried and was informed that there weren't any updates. Must have been withdrawan completely. This was before I saw this thread. Just lucky I guess.

bertiecharlie 21:42 21 Sep 04

I think it depends which version of SwySweeper you have. I've had a bit if faffing about with them of late and they gave me version 3.2.0 with another 12 months updates thrown in. I uploaded the latest definition file yesterday (no.397).

Apparently they are very slow to release new versions to existing customers but if you go to click here and click on number one and just follow it through, you may be able to get the new version. (Can't be more specific because I ended up dealing with them direct but I know someone who followed this advice and he got the new version with another 12 months updates starting from now).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…