webrebates.b Spyware

rawprawn 16:08 13 Oct 04

I downloaded a Disney screensaver for my grandaughter today (Find Nemo), and then ran Adaware SE. It found 44 critical errors which I deleted. I then ran EScan as a check and it found Webrebates.b, which it said I would have to buy Escan to delete (Unusual). So I then scanned with Spybot,A²,and Bazooka all of which found nothing. Has anyone any experience of this spyware, I can find it using google but not how to get rid of it, if indeed it exists on my computer..

rawprawn 16:10 13 Oct 04

I have also run my AV ETrust Armour and Trend Micro online virus scan, with nothing found.

rawprawn 16:59 13 Oct 04

Got rid of it using a trial download of Spy sweeper from Webroot

ventanas 17:05 13 Oct 04

Could be a built in ploy to encourage you to buy an update to the program. I don't know because I've never used EScan. But this thing click here told me I had all sorts of things when I used it online. Of course I could buy the program and remove them. Actually I had nothing at all. It could be a frightener.

Nipsen 2 17:05 13 Oct 04

HI rawprawn, I don,t know if it is the same one, but have a look at this click here It might not be relevant, unfortunately I,m not able to give you any further help. Hopefully one of the virus experts will sort it for but good luck anyhow, Nipsen.

Nipsen 2 17:07 13 Oct 04

Bit late wih the posting, at least you got rid.

ventanas 17:07 13 Oct 04

I nearly suggested Spysweeper, but the latest update thinks a genuine program is Spyware, and tries to remove it, then the PC crashes. This also gives out wrong info from time to time.

rawprawn 18:15 13 Oct 04

Thanks for the responses guys, I think I am OK now. It was just that I have come to rely on EScan as I think it is very thorough. It is the first time it has asked me to buy so I was a bit suprised. I didn't have any problems ventanas and I used the latest update. Thanks.

ventanas 21:51 13 Oct 04

For some reason it thinks that VisicomMedia AceHTML Pro is something called keenvalue, which is spyware. No idea why. I suppose if you don't have AceHTML there won't be a problem, but I do have it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…