Webpages and Hacked Adverts

khaki_avenger 08:52 04 Jun 04

A freind of mines PC was playing up so i went round and fixed the machine put on the usual Spyware Remover, Firewall etc....

But i have noticed that for some reason adverts on websites he visits have been intercepted by something else! With winpatrol on its asking for a couple of things on the IE toolbar to be made active but i have told him just to say no. One is saying BNO (i think or vey similar) and the other i cannot remember. I think hes definately infected with something but im unsure what it could be. Trojan maybe?

I only noticed this because we visted a site that i created click here the affliate adverts that i put on the site have been replaced by some other adverts.

The Original adverts are Naughty, Extreme Pie, BT, CD WOW, Blackstar & Ebay

My mates pc is showiing adverts banning pop ups and printer ink

So does anyone have any information why this has happend or can anyone tell me how to get rid of them.

matt1234 09:27 04 Jun 04

it may be spyware i know you have put spyware on but it looks like youve missed some thing!!!

also i think this toolbar has something to do with it try unistalling it!!

Also does it try popups when you start ie if yes stop everything running with the firewall apart from your isp and ie and if they still come through its ie letting them through so then its either spyware or that toolbar

also look in add/remove to see if their is anything in their looking suspicious!!!

matt

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…