Webpage Timeout

dazwm 15:11 10 Jul 06

Does anyone know how webpages can be set to stop timing out. It is a password activated site and if you leave it for about 10mins you have to re-enter your password to log in again. The people that run the site says it is a PC issue rather than theirs, so I believe some settings on the PC need to be changed. Thanks.

dazwm 16:05 10 Jul 06

^

ade.h 16:07 10 Jul 06

It's their issue, not yours.

PaulOwen 19:08 10 Jul 06

This is of interest to me to if someone knows the answer because the same happens to me and the website I contacted also said it was my settings.

martjc 19:34 10 Jul 06

...then it seems that their software is dropping you out. They just don't want the bother of fixing it!

Forum Editor 19:53 10 Jul 06

what's called a session cookie to check whether you're logged in.

When you enter your username and password and click 'Enter' (or whatever the site button says) the cookie will be set on your computer, and it will usually be deleted when you click 'logout'.

If you disable session cookies in your web browser settings you may get the "Your session has Timed Out due to a period of inactivity" message. Some session cookies will log you out after a period when nothing happens - that's often the case with internet banking sites - to safeguard your security.

dazwm 13:02 12 Jul 06

Thanks FE so are you saying nothing can be done about it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant