webpage shut down

jonnyg111 10:07 AM 22 Jul 12

When trying to open some completely safe applet from a trusted webpage, I get a message saying 'A problem with this webpage caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen the tab.' I can’t get any further than that. Is there some security setting I need to change? With thanks, Jonny Griffiths

Nontek 10:33 AM 22 Jul 12

Please give a bit more information about your setup - what OS, what Webpage, what App?

What version of Int Explorer?

Someone will then probably be able to offer assistance.

jonnyg111 11:16 AM 22 Jul 12

Okay, Nontek - Windows 7, Internet Explorer 9, the website I'm having trouble with is www.ibiblio.org/lifepatterns/, the applet is to run the Game of Life. Try to click on that link and I get the error message.

Jonny

Nontek 13:07 PM 22 Jul 12

Try putting .... https:// in front of the www.

I did not have any trouble opening that site.

jonnyg111 15:02 PM 22 Jul 12

Sadly still not working, Nontek.I think the problem is to do with what's on the site - anything with applets won't open. Something on my computer is blocking dangerous content. I've tried Tools, Internet options, advanced, security, and I've ticked pretty much all I can, but still no joy.

Jonny

Nontek 15:35 PM 22 Jul 12

Java update

Try updating your Java!

jonnyg111 23:09 PM 22 Jul 12

Okay, Nontek, thank you & good idea, I'll try that.

Jonny

jonnyg111 12:41 PM 27 Jul 12

That seems to have done it, Nonteck, fingers crossed! Thank you very much for your help,

Jonny

Nontek 15:47 PM 27 Jul 12

Great, thanks for your feedback.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…