webpage for newbie

roygbiv 19:37 22 Jun 06

I want to set up a webpage.
Just for me, short history of myself, few photos,local news, a "hit"counter.

Is it just a simple thing to use my allotted webspace from my ISP (15mb, Ithink???)..Alan

roygbiv 21:23 22 Jun 06

Thanks..ISP = BT Basic (they have changed the name,now) Broadband (upto 2mb ??)

I think the webspace is geocities ???????

Rayconda Man 22:21 22 Jun 06

There are a lot of ISP's who are giving free blog websites out there in the hope that you will sign up for a more substantial package later. There is one in particular that gives you a free photo gallery web site.

Just do a google search for "free blog site" and choose the one that most meets your needs. The best ones for me are the ISP's that have a decent control panel.

roygbiv 08:32 24 Jun 06

OK, I am going to have a go, and see what happens!!!!!

With the ISP (BT) I have got , webspace (?) is with geocities, oes that have any limtations ie photos,links, counters?? and how do I get people to know ITS there ?? the name of it is my email addy and that is not my name???

After all that,,, Is it better to Forget My ordinary web space and GO for someone else... Alan

steve263000 15:43 24 Jun 06

I used me own space with NTL for years, and then gradually built my own site.(With a lot of help from this forum). It did me for a long time while I went through some very steep learning curves. I have now signed up with click here that several members use. click here if you are interested. Since then, I have been able to alter things a lot more than I could with NTL. However, the space that BT gives you is ample for a start, and will last you a long time. Why not get some free web building software and give it a go. I have had huge amounts of fun with mine. It is not the most professional you might see maybe, but I have put a lot of stuff on it.

roygbiv 11:39 26 Jun 06

I have Just found out I have Frontpage 2002 on my PC!!!!
Can I create my site with this and then upload it to geocities ??

wolfie3000 17:52 26 Jun 06

If you want to make a seperate blog i reccomend msn spaces I use it and you can do alot on it photos, background music, videos and weblinks,

Heres mine.

click here

De Marcus™ 23:10 26 Jun 06

"I have Just found out I have Frontpage 2002 on my PC!!!!
Can I create my site with this and then upload it to geocities ??"

At this time, FrontPage support is available only in domain-based plans. You can use FrontPage to publish your web site only when you sign up for GeoCities Pro or upgrade to a Yahoo! Web Hosting plan.

click here

ally99 21:32 29 Jun 06

Hi roygbiv
If you go to ( click here ) they will give you a free website bulder & tools,all you do is cut and past all the best
John

kindly 23:34 30 Jun 06

Hi roygbiv, I have been using a Free web site maker called "ewisoft". I have used it for two months now. Plenty of templates for your web pages. It is an uploading tool aswell as a downloader. So no need for two programs. My site click here was made with it. You can get it from click here.
good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…