Webpage deadend

RoA 19:34 11 Nov 06

I am having a problem with accessing webpages when I 'drill down' through some websites to reach relevant pages. Homepages usually come up ok, links to second pages usually ok but when I try to third or fourth page (usually the crucial one I am looking for!), I get a quick run through the green progress indicator to the right of the bottom taskbar then the 'done' indication appears on the left of the taskbar but all I have is a blank page. On some websites I get as far as entering username and password but pressing the 'enter' button does nothing. Most of the websites involved are related to personal finance or household utilities accounts - is this relevant to the problem?
I am currently using a payg account - my broadband account with the abysmal apology for an ISP Orange has not worked for a month. Is there anyone out there with any idea what the problem might be or what I might do to try to solve it?
Any help or advice gratefully received.
OS is XP Home SP1 (SP2 crashes everything!).

johnnyrocker 23:39 11 Nov 06

that should not be the case if the pre-install instructions are read and followed ie uprade certain progs on pc before SP2 ie compliance, resolving this issue may well solve any other probs you have.

johnny.

RoA 19:57 12 Nov 06

Thanks Johnny.
The SP2 installation was tried within a couple of weeks of release by Microsoft and after preinstallation instructions WERE carried out but still to disastrous effect. The webpage problem started occuring when I first used the dialup payg connection (on 13th October 2006).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…