Webmail Provider

SURVEY 18:51 17 Nov 07

My present ISP is Orange for Broadband. I also have a BTInternet account that I tend to access only via the web; this does hwoever require a dial-up connection at least once every 90 days to retain the email address. I have to remember to do this!

I now need a web based email account as I am running a vilage website and need a separate account. Is there a reliable web based account that does not require a dialup to maintain the email address - in other words allowing me just to access the account on the web but using my Orange Braoadband connection?

VoG II 18:56 17 Nov 07
  johnnyrocker 19:00 17 Nov 07

or yahoo mail?

johnny

MAJ 19:14 17 Nov 07

Gmail, about the best in my opinion. click here

rdave13 19:22 17 Nov 07

Another one that's good; click here

SURVEY 20:05 17 Nov 07

Cheers all. I have set up a googlemail account now. Not sure the interface is as clean as BTYahoo and it does seem to take a long time to send messages although receiving is quick. Is this normal with googlemail?

MAJ 20:19 17 Nov 07

Never had a problem with speed using gmail.

SURVEY 20:25 17 Nov 07

MAJ - it now seems to be coming through OK. I also set up a Hotmail address and think I may prefer the page layout. Anyone alse got a page layout preference?

gmail for me too
not for the layout particularly but the calender,googledocs,picasa and the 4 gb free storage space are excellent.

SURVEY 21:17 17 Nov 07

I still find that some emails are not getting through with googlemail. It started with emails to Orange - now that seems to work OK. However now it does not like sending to hotmail.com addresses. Hotmail on the other hand sends to Orange and to googlemail.

rdave13 21:30 17 Nov 07

AOL mail has unlimited storage. Give it a go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…