Webmail / Outlook question.

Saintmoly 08:42 01 May 06

I have a Wanadoo webmail account and also use Outlook Express. I can pick up and send e-mail using either service.

I recently set up another Webmail account and entered all the details in Outlook too. This is where the problem lies. I can send mail from Outlook using my new webmail address, but incoming mail doesn't seem to be picked up and I have to log into Wanadoo webmail to get it.

Am I doing some thing wrong? All the settings seem to correct but incoming mail just won't come into Outlook.

VoG II 08:53 01 May 06

Tools > Accounts, Mail tab. Click on the new account then click the Properties button. Make sure that 'Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing' is ticked.

Saintmoly 09:12 01 May 06

I've Checked that and the box was ticked. This is really strange as Outlook seems to be checking for incoming mail when I click the send/receive tab but it always says no messages received. Yet if I log into Webmail there are my waiting messages. It is like Webmail isn't letting Outlook access incoming messages.

If I use my other older e-mail address it is fine, very frustrating!

Saintmoly 13:49 01 May 06

I was using the same username & password as my older e-mail account in Outlook, someone told me I should cahnge these to the usernam and password for my new bewmail address. I've tries this and now all I get it this message.

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop.wanadoo.co.uk (1)', Server: 'pop.wanadoo.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Invalid login/password pair', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92.

Can someone tell me what I should be entering in each of the boxes as I go through the 'set up a new account wizard' in Outlook.

VoG II 13:52 01 May 06
  skidzy 06:59 02 May 06

Your Webmail account...does it end in fsmail if so i believe that this cannot be imported into OE and would explain why you have this problem.

Fsmail is web collection only.

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…