Webmail Headache

Crumpet 13:35 04 Nov 06

When I try to print a webmail message I get an error message: 'Unable to print or print preview this page'. I have tried

using the print button on the webmail tool bar
using 'File', 'Print' or 'File', 'Print Preview' on the main (browser) toolbar.

My web browser is Firefox and the ISP is - yes you've guessed it - Talktalk-'we are not qualified to advised you on anything more than setting up your modem'-Broadband.

HELP

PS: My apologies if this has been discussed before

vinnyT 13:45 04 Nov 06

Try highlighting the text press ctrl+a to select all, copy it ctrl+c, then paste ctrl+v into word/wordpad/notebook/whatever. Save it as email from pluto (so you've a copy of it) and print from there.

Sorry don't know why doesn't work the normal way, but you should be able to print from the way I outlined above.

Hope this helps.

Crumpet 14:25 04 Nov 06

Thanks VinnyT. I've done it at last! I tried to copy and send it to (e.g. desktop) before by highlighting and right clicking, but the (web) laguage wouldn't transfer. I do think it's magical how MS Word IDs the text as (macro) language. This is one way that XP looks after me when I'm not looking - for which I am grateful, having no programming knowledge whatsoever and so being pretty clueless (see my (today) posting on an old (June) discussion about Vista.

The reason I hadn't tried your method was that I thought transferring text was hopeless. Your solution is so simple, I feel a bit foolish at this point.

Thanks again.

vinnyT 14:43 04 Nov 06

Welcome, glad you got it sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…