webhosting with easyspace. a bad choice?

kelly1 22:31 05 Feb 05

I recently purchased web hosting from easyspace. for £99 - 9 days after purchase the connection still not available. No answers from the help desk despite multiple requests. No answer from their customer telephone support. Am I wasting my time. Has anyone sucessafully got their money back from these people. Is it a scam?

Forum Editor 01:06 06 Feb 05

to your server space 9 days after you paid for it is hardly an encouraging sign for the future, and in similar circumstances I would be contacting the company in writing and asking for an immediate refund. You might want to do the same. If you do, send a fax to:- 0141 931 7001 and if that doesn't have the desired effect send a special delivery letter to Easyspace:-

Easyspace Ltd

Fleming Pavillion

Todd Campus

West of Scotland Science Park

Glasgow

G20 0XA

Forum Editor 01:09 06 Feb 05

that when making the above comments I've assumed that you aren't transferring a domain name into Easyspace from another host? If you are, there can be delays.

doctorM 21:57 11 Feb 05

Easyspace has hosted my site click here for some years and I had no complaints until I bought an upgrade package and transferred the domain. The site went down for three days and contacting the Easyspace helpdesk was a most frustrating experience - mails not answered for 48 hours and then only in the vaguest of terms. Their online help pages contained reams of barely comprehensible jargon - it was like clicking through a maze. All I wanted to do was upgrade my site and I spent three days tearing my hair out.

megat193 22:17 11 Feb 05

I know of one person who, not being web-wise, was hit for £60 to register a domain name but didn't know what to do next and didn't receive any advice either.

A quick Yahoo search reveals this click here which makes interesting reading.

BranVan39 18:20 13 Feb 05

Very bad choice! I bought my domain with them in January. I have been able to upload my webpage, no problems at all. I have not been able to access my webmail accounts (comes up with an authentication error) nor add subdomains. I have sent them numerous emails (via their online helpdesk) which none of them have been replied to and I have also sent them a fax which also has not been replied to!!

They are cowboys!

kelly1 16:05 16 Feb 05

Easyspace/iomart are clearly a bad choice. They ignore all correspondance it seems unless you use the words "refund" and "cancellation". They do not answer their telephone helpline. I still cannot acess mysql database. Have now been waiting 19days. Have transferred to 1 & 1 and have requested a refund, which Mr Paul Jeffrey is refusing to authorise. I have written to the BBC watchdog programme and urge all other customers having similar problems to do the same.

LinuxPenguin 20:45 16 Feb 05

My webhost has been serving me well, his site needs updating though, click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now