WebFldrs XP

rawprawn 16:07 09 Mar 06

Can anyone shed light on this program. It appears in my Add/Remove Programs, but Advanced Uninstaller can't find it, and if I do a search nothing is found.

ade.h 16:44 09 Mar 06

The last reply here click here suggests that it might be adware of some kind.

click here for the search.

rawprawn 16:48 09 Mar 06

Hi, yes I had done a search and seen that but there seemed to be a lot of contrdictions when I looked at other finds in Google. I wondered if anyone on the forum had a definate answer. Thanks anyway.

ade.h 17:04 09 Mar 06

Yeah, I agree. As far as I can work out, it seems much more likely to be something MS-related, about Web Folders. I'm not sure how or why you might have it installed, as it doesn't seem to be a default component.

rawprawn 17:15 09 Mar 06

I think I might make a restore point, then uninstall it and see what happens. I will give it a while though and see if there is a genius out there with the answer.

rawprawn 17:20 09 Mar 06

Just a point, I have scanned with F Secure, Ewido, Spybot, & Windows Defender, and nothing was found.

ade.h 17:41 09 Mar 06

Well, I'd say that it's almost certainly not malware in that case.

rawprawn 17:44 09 Mar 06

I agree, but I have great faith in Advanced Uninstaller, and it is not even seeing the program.It's a mystery I would like to solve.

rawprawn 20:37 09 Mar 06

Solved, WebFldrs XP had been partially uninstalled on my machine, which caused the anomoly of some programs finding it and others not. It is MS Tools for saving documents directly from Office & Windows to Front Page Extended, and other web servers. I have a program called Tuneup utilities which tracked down the problem and reinstalled the missing files.

ade.h 20:44 09 Mar 06

Ah, nice one! I saw a mention of Frontpage on one of those links, though I didn't think much about. Web folders is a new one on me to be honest.

ade.h 20:45 09 Mar 06

....about it, even.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…