Webeasy

gell 13:23 06 Feb 04

Thought I'd put the problem on and bear in mind I'm a beginner and a idiot.
I published my first website using Webeasy and there was no problem Then I wanted to change a few things and the problem began.
I asked the Webeasy people and they said, delete all files in the FTP, delete the folder and start again.
Seemd a heavy way to do it but I tried and nothing happened. My old website cames up.
I've tried everything and am at my wits end, ( such as they are )
HELP!!!

tomleady 14:06 06 Feb 04

if your new files are uploaded maybe its a prob with your Internet Explorer.

press Ctrl+F5 to reload yours site. try deletin your temporary internet files, history. Go to Tools (at the top)> Internt Options.

Otherwise, i'm not sure wha the problem is.

Forum Editor 14:21 06 Feb 04

I've never used it, but I know that a lot of first-time web designers find it very easy to design a site with it.

I'm amazed that the makers of the software told you to delete the entire site, that is far from being normal procedure, and should be necessary if you want to edit the site. Other web-design software would simply upload the changes, and overwrite the existing pages. Seeing the previous version of your site may have been due to Internet Explorer showing you the pages from its cache as explained by tomleady, so clear the cache and see if that makes a difference. If it doesn't do any good come back here and we'll see what we can do.

gell 15:01 06 Feb 04

Thanks,Forum Editor.
I clicked,delete temp internet files and I refreshed but it does no good. I too though just downloading new files would do it but I tried that and it does no good.I've gone to another computer in case I was viewing a saved version on hard disc but it's the same on another PC.
If I can sort this problem out it would be great as otherwise,Webeasy is a great program
Thanks for help
Gell

gell 15:08 06 Feb 04

Tks for answering,forum member.
Bearing in mind it's all new to me,how can I check.
Sorry if that sounds simple but it's a bit of a maze when you set out.
Gell

canute44 22:34 06 Feb 04

Have you been following this thread click here ? Note the time lag comment.

gell 15:46 10 Feb 04

Some time ago I appealed for help with my webeasy website because I could not change it after publshing it. I have now discovered the problem and it might help another beginner starting out as it is not clear in the instructions.
WEhen putting changes in I had not built the HTML first.
Hope that helps someone
Gell

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…