Webcams & PC security..

.:º»[RjA]«º:. 23:03 14 Jan 03
  .:º»[RjA]«º:. 23:03 14 Jan 03

if i bought a webcam i can ileave my pc turned on a record what is going on around my pc or the room????

If so , how long for etc, at what quality.....

.:º»[RjA]«º:. 23:17 14 Jan 03

_

Hobgoblin2003 00:32 15 Jan 03

In reply to to your question, you can indeed use a standard PC camera to record what is going on in a room. I have done this myself. There are a number of freeware/shareware programs ( search on Google ) which once installed onto your pc will make your pc webcam operate like a motion detector system , so hence any movement will be recorded.

Gemma 09:44 15 Jan 03

This is a well written package with a comprehensive set of features including automated FTP upload of images to, say, a website.

See it here: click here

TBH1 10:19 15 Jan 03

.:º»[RjA]«º:. - - I think the only restrictions on length of recording is size od your HD - - -these files take up massive ammounts of storage, even on low quality. If you only intend to use as motion detector, I think you can specify the length of time to record. As a motion detector you can either upload to your web site, if you have one, or have a 'still' clip from it emailed to you - - -the former , if you haven't got broadband, not really feasible, the latter is done by setting the software up to , once detector is activated, it will execute a dial-up and create an email to whichever address you specify ie you could send from your home email address to your works email address.

.:º»[RjA]«º:. 13:29 15 Jan 03

are the images stills or actual video.

.:º»[RjA]«º:. 20:04 15 Jan 03

:o(

.:º»[RjA]«º:. 20:19 15 Jan 03

q

.:º»[RjA]«º:. 15:34 16 Jan 03

so is there something i should look out for when buying a webcam so that i can effectivly use it as a surveilance camera?

Any cameras i should stay away from, what specs. to have etc.

Thanky in advance

TBH1 16:38 16 Jan 03

.:º»[RjA]«º:. - - - the images, when sent via email, are 'still' but believe if you upload to your website are video files - - -and huge. I think most webcams come with the surveillance type of software ; mine is a Creative Webcam III. There is free software out there too to do this, this type of question asked not too long ago.
PS - how do you pronaonce .:º»[RjA]«º:. ??????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…