Webcams-Advice Needed Please

Pererin 22:57 29 Dec 06

Hi Gang, my son wants a webcam for his birthday soon,anyone that can advise me as to what's to look at and also stay clear of, all help welcome as usual. I assume that it is a pretty simple task even for me to set it up. Thanks.

nikef 23:10 29 Dec 06

hi pererin

i brought this webcam last week,and its easy to install,usb connection
it takes still and video pictures and the picture qaulity is great,you can also use it with msn

brought from argos,half price heres a link
hope this helps

click here

HighTower 23:13 29 Dec 06

You can't go far wrong with any Logitech camera - I've had a couple and they have been fine, even the cheapest have done the job. If you get one with a built in microphone then it'll save you forking out for a seperate one.

It's probably worth checking which messaging program he wants to use and check the compatibility of the camera with the system.

clayton 23:18 29 Dec 06

I too use a Logitech cam picture quality is brilliant, i also hear that the new range of cams from Microsoft are good.

click here

jarani 23:32 29 Dec 06

Pererin - you did not say what quality or purpose you are looking for - for normal everyday use you should not be spending more than £15 to £25 - there are many on the market in that price range - jarani

Stuartli 00:03 30 Dec 06

You can spend even less on a BOGOF basis (!):

click here

Pererin 11:57 30 Dec 06

Thanks Gang, as usual you all came up trumps and at least now I know what I am looking for- Pererin

HighTower 13:26 30 Dec 06

Go to Dabs click here and do a search for Logitech Webcam.

Good prices, very fast delivery.

Pererin 16:01 30 Dec 06

Thanks HT, I need a reliable kit, easy to install and you have given me plenty of choice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…