webcam/mic & speakers - configuration

Trotter2 22:01 10 Jul 07

I'm running XP and have just installed Trust stereo speakers with remote and Trust webcam with integrated mic and headphones. however I don't know how to configure them properly. when using headphones the volume still comes out of speakers as well as headphones. the other problem is that I can't find the headphones listed in Device Manager as the help wizard suggests so I can't check whether they're enabled or not. can anyone help please?

Stuartli 22:09 10 Jul 07

Turn the speakers off if using the headset and, if the headset has a volume control, vice versa.

Headphones will not be listed in Device Manager, only the webcam under Imaging Devices.

Technotiger 22:11 10 Jul 07

You should find the headphones in your speaker set-up, you should have the option to choose headphones whenever you wish. Or if you don't have that option, you could just turn the volume off of the Speakers. I use headset (phones/mic_ and webcam with Skype, it is excellent and very easy to set-up.

Trotter2 22:15 10 Jul 07

many thanks guys. sorted!

Technotiger 07:53 12 Jul 07

Grreat, Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…