Webcam Woes on XP

roygbiv 15:04 16 May 03

I have a friend who has got a webcam (Genius, I think) who (on XP) cannot send any live video. In messager, the camera “option” to send video is greyed out. In “view” the camera options are also greyed out. This happens on 98 and XP systems.

Sorry to be so “vague” with information, as I am only going on what I have been told.

Eagie 15:37 16 May 03

I had a similar problem (again with a friends computer not mine) and it turned out to be the USB drivers not working properly. They were removed and reinstalled by a local computer firm and all works well.

Eagie 15:38 16 May 03

When I said USB drivers I mean the drivers for the ports themselves not the USB drivers for the webcam.

roygbiv 12:56 17 May 03

Thanks. It appears to be the drivers for the USB ports.

The next day the symtoms happened to me!!. I changed to a diiferent port, (it was in a port on a PCI USB and Firewire card, after a recent "restore" it knocked the drivers out).

Fingers crossed it will be OK. THANKS Alan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…