webcam video messaging software

parsnips 18:22 16 Oct 05

I have a webcam and would like to use my broad band connection to see and chat with my grandchildren over the net.I am on BT broadband they are on Aol, I have heard about MSN messenger is this free to use?(no Call charges)
and can I ensure that no-one else muscles in on our connection ? Help and suggestions of other software appreciated.

EJ1947 18:31 16 Oct 05

Hi. Try Skype (for free) From click here which is the audio bit and Festoon from click here which is the video add on.

Hamish 18:31 16 Oct 05

MSN is now very good most of the time and I use it most nights to talk to a fried. Yahoo messenger and Skype are also good. No one else should be able to muscle in

VoG II 18:34 16 Oct 05

MSN Messenger click here

No call charges. You each sign in using a .net passport so nobody else can 'muscle in'.

johnnyrocker 19:21 16 Oct 05

i have msn 7.5 which does not support voice and cam together so i use yahoo messenger for voice and msn messenger for pic.

johnny.

Hamish 19:26 16 Oct 05

I am using MSN messenger 7.5 and can use video with audio or audio alone.

Stuartli 20:31 16 Oct 05

You can also use Spontania4IM which is intended to be used with Skype and similar utilities:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…