webcam video messaging software

parsnips 18:22 16 Oct 05

I have a webcam and would like to use my broad band connection to see and chat with my grandchildren over the net.I am on BT broadband they are on Aol, I have heard about MSN messenger is this free to use?(no Call charges)
and can I ensure that no-one else muscles in on our connection ? Help and suggestions of other software appreciated.

EJ1947 18:31 16 Oct 05

Hi. Try Skype (for free) From click here which is the audio bit and Festoon from click here which is the video add on.

Hamish 18:31 16 Oct 05

MSN is now very good most of the time and I use it most nights to talk to a fried. Yahoo messenger and Skype are also good. No one else should be able to muscle in

VoG II 18:34 16 Oct 05

MSN Messenger click here

No call charges. You each sign in using a .net passport so nobody else can 'muscle in'.

johnnyrocker 19:21 16 Oct 05

i have msn 7.5 which does not support voice and cam together so i use yahoo messenger for voice and msn messenger for pic.

johnny.

Hamish 19:26 16 Oct 05

I am using MSN messenger 7.5 and can use video with audio or audio alone.

Stuartli 20:31 16 Oct 05

You can also use Spontania4IM which is intended to be used with Skype and similar utilities:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This poetic animation about monsters is illustrated in a Van Gogh painterly style

Apple predictions 2017