webcam USB2-blues

Phrixos 21:31 21 Jun 06

I am setting up a video surveillance system in my house. I have three different cameras, each with their own different driver, so there are no conflicts. As per the software vendor's recommendations these are plugged into a PCI/USB 2.0 Host adaptor card. The first two installed, no problem--so why, I wonder is the installation of the third camera giving me the following message?

"This USB device can perfom faster if you connect it to a USB 2.0 port (for a list of available ports click here)."

Apparently, the camera doesn't know it's already plugged into a USB 2.0 port.

I unplugged this camera from the host adaptor and plugged it directly into a USB2.0 header going straight into the motherboard, and (after a new installation routine finished, I got the same messsage.

Anybody out there got a clue, what's going on here--and after I "click here" and am presented with a long list of unused USB2 ports, how do I change to a new one? They are all supposed to be USB 2.

ATB,
Phrixos

DieSse 22:02 21 Jun 06

Have you tried it on it's own?

How long a cable are you using?

Are the cables High-Speed USB certified?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:48 21 Jun 06

device manager.

Uninstall the root hub the offending camera is plugged into and reboot. let XP find new hardware and reinstall the root hub and camera drivers

Phrixos 17:12 22 Jun 06

Thaks for the info guys. The problem was the cable--I guess it's 1.1 standard, when I ordered (and paid for) 2.0! Damn!

Thanks,
Phrixos

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…