Webcam shuts my computer down after installation!

Exeter_surfer 16:25 03 Nov 04

I have bought my 2nd webcam, a Trust 120 spacecam, the computer recognises the connection and win xp finds the hardware...then it asks for the disc and runs through and begins installing the driver. The installation bar gets to the end and then the computer SHUTS DOWN!! and then when loaded up again just recognises it as new hardware again....

Help I only want a webcam on!!

cheers

hugh-265156 16:36 03 Nov 04

is windows all up to date?

try downloading the drivers from click here

if windows keeps restarting then try clicking 'start/control panel/system/advanced/startup and recovery/settings' and untick 'automatically restart' now instead of a restart you should see and error, note this down and look it up in the search box click here

it may also be worth having a look in 'start/control panel/administrative tools/event viewer' click the system and application tabs and look for errors, click them for more info.

might help a bit.

Exeter_surfer 17:53 03 Nov 04

I tried the system properties, advanced, then startup recovery, but the after clicking settings it said this...

'The C:\boot.ini file can not be found. Operating System and TImeout settings cannot be changed.

??????

how do i sort the boot.ini prob out?

jimv7 18:11 03 Nov 04

Sounds like you have a power supply problem, as the camera is loaded, windows enables the camera and shuts down, losing information to boot as it does this.

Try the camera on a separate powered usb hub, if it then works you know that the psu is at its maximum output.

hugh-265156 18:56 03 Nov 04

i cannot find any info on your exact error but this may help click here

Graham ® 19:29 03 Nov 04

Shouldn't the software be installed before the camera is connected?

Exeter_surfer 21:14 03 Nov 04

cheers mate yup it is a power problem and now i dont have enough usb ports for my stuff...

any cheap pci usb ports?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…