Webcam Recording

Satmansq 10:39 22 Oct 05

I have tried to record my out going webcam video on msn messenger and windows messenger, but the software i am using prevents me from recording and transmitting as the messengers always say that the webcam is being used by other software. Any ideas?

johnnyrocker 11:44 22 Oct 05

what webcam and what os pls.?

johnny

splork 12:02 22 Oct 05

And are you trying to record while using the webcam for Messenger, or record from the webcam on it's own, ie. without Messenger loaded? You're bound to get conflicts if you want to record while using Messenger, it's like trying to record an mp3 while it's being played. You could try software that records your entire screen, or an active window, especially if the webcam uses DirectX - click here
I've no idea if that will work, but it's worth a try.

Stuartli 12:10 22 Oct 05

The webcam software (at least in the case of Creative) normally allows you to record videos or snapshots.

splork 12:12 22 Oct 05

Yes, Logitech's software does too.

Satmansq 14:03 22 Oct 05

Creative webcam, can use software to record and can use messenger in video chat but wanted to do both at same time and couldnt work out how. looking for any ideas on how.

Satmansq 14:03 22 Oct 05

windows XP SP2

johnnyrocker 14:19 22 Oct 05

personally i dont believe it is going to be possible my toucam has a prog for sending video mails but not when in use in messenger.

johnny.

Satmansq 15:16 22 Oct 05

I think you are probably right johnny, will have to look for another solution. thanks everyone

Satmansq 18:03 22 Oct 05

swer turned out to be plug cam corder into pc and use as webcam

johnnyrocker 18:30 22 Oct 05

good thinking so you have done away with webcam?

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…