Webcam problem

Airman5877 11:23 08 Jan 11

I using a HPDx2250 business desktop pc with Windows XP professional. I have downloaded Skype and that works fine. I purchased a 20Megapixel Webcam with Microphone. The camera works fine but my contacts cannot hear me. I did the Skype Checks. Speakers fine, video fine and it says microphone working fine but Skype cannot detect any sound from me. The sound bar is not moving at all when I speak. I checked on Windows (cant remember where it was) and the report was that my voice could not be detected. I know that the jack is in the right aperture on the front of the computer. The webcome does not have an on/off switch. I am not sure how to check if the microphone is on mute or not - I suspect it is not on mute. I have never used a microphone in the system at all so if it is muted it was done at factory source. As you will see from my early posts, I am not good at solving problems

onthelimit 11:38 08 Jan 11

Could you provide the make/model of the webcam?

Sea Urchin 11:52 08 Jan 11

Go through this and check all the settings - note that on one of the Volume Control windows the microphone should be set to Mute

click here

Sea Urchin 11:54 08 Jan 11

The same link - but shown using XP Style instead of Classic

click here

tes 12:01 08 Jan 11

Open skype, go onlie,select echo sound tesr Click on settings. make sure you have selected webcam mike

Airman5877 16:00 08 Jan 11

The webcam was bought on e-bay and it was described as 20 Megapixel Webcam with microphone for PC Laptop. Skype 220717287117

Airman5877 16:09 08 Jan 11

tes. The message is your microphone is working fine

onthelimit 16:15 08 Jan 11

Unusual to have a usb and audio jack connection, so I think the selection will have to be other than webcam (just normal line-in).

Sea Urchin 16:24 08 Jan 11

Have you checked the Windows settings as above?

Airman5877 16:27 08 Jan 11

Sea Urchin. I have tried to check the Windows setting but they do not present as the images suggest. Remember, my version is XP Professional so it may be different

Airman5877 16:35 08 Jan 11

onthelimit. It came with a USB and jack and the instructions were quite simply - plug both in -USB to a port and Jack to Microphone socket and `away you go`. The only thing is, that my voice is not being detected and I am told either my microphone needs to be switched on (there is no switch) or to check that my microphone is not on mute. I do not know if my microphone is on mute or not because I dont know how to call it up to check

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…