Webcam Picture

thumbscrew 22:19 21 Sep 09

I've just installed my first Webcam, which is a bog standard cheapo from Argos. The picture's not great...but, hey I'm not a good looking guy! What I'm not keen on is the couple of seconds gap between my head or facial expression changing direction and that appearing on the screen. Can anyone tell me if a more expensive Webcam would result in a sharper picture and more importantly, reduce the gap between my movements and the on screen image?

Audio~~Chip 22:56 21 Sep 09

A better webcam like a Logitech or Microsoft with more M.pixel's would give better picture but if your machine is a little slow or graphics then that would be the problem and upgrade will improve things

thumbscrew 23:03 21 Sep 09

Thanks Audio~~Chip, think my machine and graphics are fine...just seen an Alba 10Mp in the catalogue for only £8.00 more. Ps why no email reminders from PC Advisor about responses?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…