webcam motion sensor?

Rennaissance 18:25 11 Feb 04

Hi is there any software out there that would start recording on my webcam as soon as someone walks by it? I leave my pc on all the time so if anyone approaches it i would know. Thanks in advance.

Chegs ® 18:56 11 Feb 04

Haven't found a freebie/paid for app to do this,nearest I got is "Timershot" This I use(with my webcam)to keep an eye on my motorcycle,it is setup to take pics every 15 secs,used together with a security light that comes on when it senses movement.Its easy enough to view the pics,as without the light,its just a black pic,the lit up pics "stand out" and can be quickly identified.I use it in this way,as the neighbours kids are little thugs,deliberately damaging fences,leaving gates open(or breaking the fence down)denting the cars,etc.Requesting they move off and play elsewhere,results in a torrent of foul language,asking their parents to stop their kids hasn't worked,so I collect pics,and duly hand this evidence over to the other neighbours whenever their property has been damaged(I live in a cul de sac,so my camera covers a fair range)

Rennaissance 20:21 11 Feb 04

thankyou Chegs ® i may try out timershot.

TBH1 21:29 11 Feb 04

most webcam software comes with this facility, am surprised your didn't. My creative webcam had just the thing your looking for, though I haven't re-installed since last system refresh so i can't tell you what its called

Gemma 21:42 11 Feb 04

I have used a package at home and at work called Gotcha!. It has lots of features including image upload to a website and sending emails on events. click here

Hamish 22:05 11 Feb 04

Try the following free for 30 days:-click here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…