Webcam - Microphone

Ritchbee 21:22 30 Nov 03

I have just aquired a Logitech Clicksmart 310 cam but it doesn't have a mircophone built in.
Can you buy an external one for video chat.

Any advice would be helpful.

Cheers

keenan 21:53 30 Nov 03

Yep, 'Asda' do a couple...one is just a mic for about £6 and the other is a mic/headset about £8
and works fine!

Ritchbee 22:08 30 Nov 03

Thanks,

Just one more thing,

Were do they plug in ?.

A_World_Maker 22:32 30 Nov 03

Sound card.... speakers.. and Mic. If they are colour coded, the 'normal' ones are Green is speakers/headphones... Pink for the Mic

Ritchbee 22:44 30 Nov 03

Many thanks again

hvs 21:23 01 May 04

I have a new Dell pc with the Creative Audigy 2 sound card. I have also purchased the Creative Webcam NX PRO. For some reason I cannot get the audio to work in MSN messenger. I have tried the knowledge base of Dell,Microsft and Creative labs but I cannot find an answer to the problem. Under Sounds and Audio devices properties - Sound recording -shouldn't it show either camera or Audigy 2 sound card? The camera does not show here at all, the same thing under Voice recording, the camera cannot be selected. I have a webcam on my other computer and I have checked the settings on that one and this was what I found. Maybe you have some ideas which I could try!
Thank you

hvs 21:32 01 May 04

To those whom may answer my question. I have solved the problem! The colour on the mic cable is a sort of red colour to me, I plugged it into the red plug socket but I read the above response and decided to try the pink as well.The pink worked.
Thank you

woodchip 21:32 01 May 04

At "pound land" clip type behind the hear £1.00

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…