Webcam and Mic

GuZ><0r 23:14 12 Nov 05

I have a iCam 320 webcam with built in mic. When I installed it everything was fine, but after a few goes the mic stopped working. The webcam still works though. I have also reinstalled the webcam software/ drivers and it worked then stopped again. Does anyone know what the problem could be.

Thanks

woodchip 23:37 12 Nov 05

Windows tends to act like it's senile, it loses where it is. Does not matter 98 ME XP or what ever. I think that's the problem you are getting. I have two mice on my 98se comp a USB wireless Optical, and a PS2 wired Optical. When I start the Computer sometimes the Wired does not work. Try removing the Web Cam from USB, then after you start comp plug it in. It will most likely work as it should

GuZ><0r 00:30 13 Nov 05

The webcam plugs into USB and it is fine on startup but the microphone plugs into the mic jack, so I don't think that will work.

TonyAA 01:05 13 Nov 05

Have you checked everything out in sounds and audio devices in control panel,seen it go to mute for no reason.

woodchip 14:02 13 Nov 05

It should you can do it with both those when computer is running

Stuartli 14:59 13 Nov 05

When I use my headset with Skype I have to mute the Mike input...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…