Webcam install problems

jerica 20:13 PM 10 Nov 11

Hi, trying to install a Logitech c110 webcam. Downloaded and ran the Logitech drivers on an XP machine but when the webcam was connected I got a message telling me that the cam failed to install. Ran the prog and got video but no sound, reinstalled the software to no avail. Uninstalled the software as per the Logitech support site, reinstalled and got the same result. Took the camera to another computer with XP and it installed perfectly. Also tried it on another machine with Win 7 and that installed perfectly. Tried again with the first machine and again no go so obviously the is a problem with the first machine, any ideas out there? Thanks.

Woolwell 22:15 PM 10 Nov 11

Does the problem system meet the system requirements System requirements.

Have you tried a different USB port?

jerica 08:18 AM 11 Nov 11

Yes and Yes. When I first installed the software there was a button for configuring the mic but on later installs it had vanished.

Woolwell 11:17 AM 11 Nov 11

You may need to ensure that the software for the webcam has been completely uninstalled before reinstalling by using Revo (free version)

Revo download

jerica 11:31 AM 11 Nov 11

Been there done that three times.

rdave13 11:35 AM 11 Nov 11

I can't remember the thread but I seem to remember that if you had a Logitec keyboard with drivers installed this affected the Logitec web cam drivers.

jerica 12:21 PM 11 Nov 11

Nope, not a Logitech keyboard, just tried uninstalling and reinstalling again and this time even the quick capture has stopped working so the Logitech software cannot find the camera.

Woolwell 12:26 PM 11 Nov 11

Is the webcam showing up in device manager?

northumbria61 12:31 PM 11 Nov 11

See if there is anything here enter link description here select your camera from the list.

northumbria61 12:32 PM 11 Nov 11
  northumbria61 12:33 PM 11 Nov 11
Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone