Webcam Information

23790954 17:54 20 Feb 07

Hi! there,

I have just installed a Microsoft 1.1 webcam into my daughter-in-laws system, so she can chat to her sister who lives in Germany. Although it has been installed, uninstalled, and installed again on more than one occasion, I still cannot get the built in microphone to work. We can see her sister in Germany, and her sister can see us, and we can hear, although very quietly, her sister in Germany, but here sister cannot hear us, even if we put our mouth very close to the webcam when speaking. All relative updates have also been installed. As my daughter-in-law presently uses speakers built into the monitor, I intend attaching external speakers to the system
in order to improve the volume output. However this still leaves the problem of her sister not being able to hear her. Other than an actual telephone can someone please advise me on the best way to overcome this problem, e.g. headphones, microphones etc. Any detailed advice on the matter would be very much appreciated. Many thanks to all who reply.

recap 18:05 20 Feb 07

Look in the systray for the volume icon, open this and select 'Options' from the file menu. Select Properties and click 'microphone' to enable this option. Hope that solves your problem?

STREETWORK 18:05 20 Feb 07

Open control panel and then sound and audio devices. Select the Audio tab and then you will see the microphone with a drop down tab. click this and select the webcam microphone. Apply/OK the setting and you should be able to use the webcam microphone...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced