webcam help wont connect

Daxsimus 20:18 02 Dec 04

Hi, I have a network of 2 computers connected to together through a hub. The webcam works fine on the main computer but on the second i get error messages in Yahoo and Msn. The OS is Xp Home with Sygate free firewall and AVG antivirus installed. The error message for yahoo is " your firewall must accept outgoing TCP connections to webcam.Yahoo.com on port 5100" Anybody any ideas how to change the settings in the firewall? Although with firewall switched off the webcam still wont work.Any ideas as to what else might be the problem? Thanks for any help.
Dax

waydekirrane 13:09 19 Jan 05

i have the same problem. my gf can see me but when she clicks on her webcam it won't connect and i can't see her? i've tried yahoo and msn messager's webcam facility. is there another piece of software we could both use to see each other

Technotiger 13:51 19 Jan 05

Hi, have you checked to make sure that the XP Firewall is switch off?

Another piece of software which will do the same job is NetMeeting (in WinXP run conf.exe).

Waydekirrane - the above would apply to you too.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…