webcam help

kalstras 20:23 09 Sep 05

I am running w/xp with a logitech webcam pro. My question is regarding the firewall rules for yahoo. I need to, and i quote "add a port access to my firewall rules" i have done this, and still no webcam. I get this error...

"Sorry, you appear to be behind a firewall and are currently unable to use the Yahoo! Webcam service"

Get help with Webcams (which is a link, and it takes me back to describe the same troubleshooter)

HELPPP!!!!

PS I also run norton internet security 2005 and have the windows firewall disabled

johnnyrocker 20:29 09 Sep 05

i presume you are trying to use it with yahoo messenger? go in to your settings preferences in yahoo and set connection as no firewall mine works perfectly like that.

johnny.

kalstras 20:31 09 Sep 05

I'll try it now

tyvm

kalstras 20:34 09 Sep 05

I ticked the "no proxies" box was it the right one?

Error caused by Yahoo! Inc.: No specific solution found

Problem Description

An analyst at Microsoft has investigated this problem and determined that an unknown error occurred in Yahoo! Messenger. This software was created by Yahoo! Inc..

Problem Resolution

Microsoft has researched this problem with Yahoo! Inc., and they do not currently have a solution for the problem that you reported. Below is a list of recommendations to take that may help prevent the problem from recurring.

Contact Yahoo! Inc. for support or product updates.
Additional Information

If this problem continues to occur with the latest product updates for Yahoo! Messenger, we recommend you obtain assistance and troubleshooting information directly from Yahoo! Inc..

kalstras 22:33 09 Sep 05

help plz

bruno 10:48 10 Sep 05

I have a Logitech webcam working on MSN Messenger and did not have to make any alterations to any firewalls.

johnnyrocker 12:16 10 Sep 05

i found it necessary with yahoo, have you tried uninstalling both then install cam followed by messenger? if that fails click here and try a different version

johnny.

kalstras 17:19 10 Sep 05

thanks ill try it...

PS msn isnt working on my Dad's computer, and we live 10hrs apart so i have to try and use what works on his computer... (but it works fine on mine)

kalstras 18:30 10 Sep 05

Thank you very much, it works beautifully now.

I hate the fact that you must always reinstall eveything to make it work, kinda takes the shine off plug and play doesn't it!!

Thank you again,

kal

johnnyrocker 19:06 10 Sep 05

what worked?

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…