Webcam gone AWOL

mo66ie 14:53 08 Jun 09

Hi
I have an HP Pavilion Entertainment laptop type 9289ea with a built-in webcam which has ceased to function since, I believe, either Microsoft or HP threw a patch at me which I now cannot find, I'll blame Microsoft.
HP have tried to fix to no avail, finally recommending I perform a system recovery, which I am loath to do because on the c: disk is the OS and a load of my stuff which, by the way HP recommend installing apps on to the d: disk, but did I listen.....nah.
There is a recovery partition on the e: disk which we are advised to steer clear of, and I have.
I cannot find the webcam entry in the device manager either.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards Allan.

T I M B O 22:12 08 Jun 09

I once purchased an HP lap top, i had 3 in 3 days, then i took back the 3rd HP and swopped it for a SONY. I think that HP were having problems and that was 18 months ago now. Im not really sure what to say, but i have never had problems with the SONY web cam.

mo66ie 14:41 09 Jun 09

Thanks for that TIMBO. doesn't help much though
:-)
Thought you might like to knoe that good bought in England or Wales carry a six, yes six year warranty, check this out click here
Regards

T I M B O 14:51 09 Jun 09

If you purchased in pc world, then u will get a 12 month warranty for sure. If the problem is found before the 14 day period then they can exchange, if after that then they will take the computer from you for repair.I am not sure of there help telephone numbers anymore, but this might be of assistance for you if u wish to have further cover >> 0844 800 6080. HP Does have a helpful messaging service thats 24 hour, and you can do that for free still, try this web site >> click here|12931|hp%20support||S|b|3048754345

Sorry if my previous post was not much help for you. If i can assist i will.

Best of luck !!

T I M B O 14:53 09 Jun 09

Opps, seems that link went a bit wonky, try this >> click here

mo66ie 15:53 09 Jun 09

Hi TIMBO
As I said previously, HP want me to do a system restore, which I'm loath to do.
Re the guarantee stuff: did you check out my link?

T I M B O 16:00 09 Jun 09

WOW, thats an eye opener from that link, i shall be sure to keep that. So where did you purchase this computer from ??

mo66ie 10:33 10 Jun 09

I thought you'd be impressed. Spread the word.
I bought this machine from HP about three years ago. I might try the guarantee route but in doing so may wipe out my data.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5