Webcam drives not installing on windos 7 laptop!!!

julius44 15:17 25 Jul 10

Hello and good afternoon, to everyone. My friend rang me today and yesterday, as she has a problem with installing webcam software on their dell windows 7 pc.

They used to have a windows vista laptop, but a family friend installed windows 7 on it for them.
The laptop works fine and as they have skype they wanted to get a webcam, since argos are doing a sale, i told them to get this one:
click here#

They rang me as they were having problems and getting the "drivers not installed" error message.....i told them to uninstall the software and download the drivers from the microsoft website, STILL the problem persisted. I then told them to take it back and get the alba laptop webcam instead

here it is:click here

But it seems they are getting the drivers not installed message still,.....all the 8 usb ports are working fine....and my friend is very upset, so i dont know what to do from here....becos to me it seems that there are not problems with the webcam, but with the laptop itself. Any suggestions please??

JBRKilluh 15:28 25 Jul 10

go over to this persons house and do it yourself, as it is most likely a human fault rather then hardware or software

Ventad 15:33 25 Jul 10

Try removing the programme then without the webcam plugged in run the programme again and plug in the web cam when told, I have this web cam and it says DO NOT plug in until told to. try that

onthelimit 17:13 25 Jul 10

Your link says

'Compatible with Windows XP (Service pack 2)/Vista, XP Home and Pro'

So perhaps that's why it won't work?

JBRKilluh 17:15 25 Jul 10

lol sharp eyes dude!
ok on windows 7 make a shortcut from the original .exe and right click and go on properties, then go on compatibility tab and check run as admin (just for safe measure) and and then check run in compatibility for: Vista 64bit

julius44 19:11 25 Jul 10

Hello there, onthelimit....they purchased BOTH cameras from argos......and they've just confirmed that on BOTH WEBCAM BOXES, it says that they are compatible with windows 7.

JBRKilluh 19:12 25 Jul 10

ok but try what i said just to make sure that what onthelimit said is not true

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac