Webcam driver

Welsh Annie 23:32 24 Mar 03

I downloaded the drivers for my webcam (View Quest Technologies M318B) and ran it from the site, ie I didn't save it to disk. Now it's disappeared ( the download)and the camera still doesn't work! Where's the download gone?

woodchip 23:36 24 Mar 03

Have you setup NetMeeting as that works with Webcam

Megatyte 01:14 25 Mar 03

Download it again and this time save it to disk. If you ran it from the site the only place it might be is your Temporary Internet folder, but likely not.

AH

Welsh Annie 07:35 25 Mar 03

woodchip, Net Meeting already loaded but all buttons greyed out.
Megatyte, looked everywhere for download nothing there, so redownloading now.

Welsh Annie 07:54 25 Mar 03

Meant to ask in previous post:-
D/load should be 3.8 Mb, actual D/load 4.2 Mb, any ideas why? Also isn't 3.8 Mb rather large just for drivers? 'Scuse me but novice at this!

Welsh Annie 09:57 25 Mar 03

Running 98SE. In Device Manager the camera is shown as being there and ready to use. Under the General tab it says "This device is working properly". A self diagnostic says OK. If I try to use a program to take a snapshot it says no such device is setup! Netmeeting says no video camera present, so where can I go from here?

Megatyte 13:11 25 Mar 03

I assume that the camera is USB. Did you connect it and then let Windoze find it and ask for the drivers or did you install the drivers first. Don't know about View Quest but normally with USB you need to install the drivers and the installation will tell you when to connect the camera. Is there a read me file in the driver package?

AH

anchor 13:16 25 Mar 03

Is this site any use:

click here

Welsh Annie 14:45 25 Mar 03

Megatyte, yes it is USB. No read me file. Followed on screen instructions, i.e. camera unplugged,so far through program insert USB terminal and everything went OK.Cam just not recognised. Will be off line for a while but any more help appreciated.

Craneop 14:55 25 Mar 03

Hi annie i am also welsh in pembrokeshire ...sorry no info but looks like its covered for you above

roygbiv 16:52 25 Mar 03

Sorry, nothing to do with your post. I was just looking through and saw you! iam in Llanbiody,Carmarthenshire!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…