webcam connection

4PB-AIM 14:58 17 Oct 08

I am using Vista Family
I have installed a Logitech QickCam v11.7 to use with Skype.The incorporated microphone works perfectly, but not the camera. I can see myself,I can see the person I am talking with on Skype, but they cannot see me. My peripheral settings show that the webcam is properly installed and working. Ha.
I have reinstalled 3 times, defining the webcam both as "by default" and entering my cam's name. Neither work. I have closed both Norton and Spybot and reinstalled webcam but no good either.
A red window appears saying that Skype cannot access to the webcam.
Thanks for your help.

Technotiger 15:01 17 Oct 08

Tell the person you are talking to, to right-click on the Menu button in Your window on their Skype, then for them to click on View in the drop-down menu. They can take it from there!

4PB-AIM 15:09 17 Oct 08

Will try this.

4PB-AIM 15:28 17 Oct 08

This did not work because the person I'm talking with did not have a video window for me pop up. They went thru the chat board, entered Menu there, but there is nothing about View...

Technotiger 15:39 17 Oct 08

The problem, if any - I think it is just a case of the person not understanding how to use Skype - is at the other persons end, maybe just lack of knowledge. If your webcam is working properly, which as far as I can see, it is, then it will show as I stated earlier in the other persons Skype, but sometimes it is necessary for that person to start the View options from within their Skype window.

On the other persons Skype window, when they are connected to you they will see 'Your' window which includes a Telephone icon and beside that a Chat icon/speech bubble, below which is a small Menu button. Right-click on that Menu button brings up a drop-down menu, look down through that menu to see the word View, one then gets the option how to view the callers picture ie 'In a window' or Full screen' etc.

Technotiger 15:49 17 Oct 08

BTW, you should both be using the same Version of Skype for it all to work properly. I would advise you both to steer clear of the latest Beta Version. I use Version 3.8.0.180 You can find your Version under Help>About Skype.

Stuartli 16:47 17 Oct 08

Previous versions of Skype can be found at:

click here

However, I've not had any problems communicating with friends and family and none of us, to the best of my knowledge, have the same version.

Technotiger 16:50 17 Oct 08

Hi, I agree with what you say, but I have found that both using the same version has helped in the past.

BTW ... you are mentioned in Despatches LoL click here

4PB-AIM 17:12 17 Oct 08

I have Skype Version 3.8.0.180. The person I called has Version 2.5.0.146. I do not know the Version of the 2 other people who don't see me either. Still plugging away

Technotiger 18:21 17 Oct 08

If you would like to contact me via my Yellow envelope, perhaps we could then connect via Skype temporarily. That way I will soon be able to see if your Skype video is working ok.

We could then remove each other from our Skype contacts once sorted.

Stuartli 19:21 17 Oct 08

If only I could speak more than one language...:-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…