WebCam Cameras

Dio 11:27 20 Feb 04

Hi all,
can anyone advise me on what I should look for when purchasing a webcam for my laptop. What frames per second minimum, should it be USb 2.0 rather than USB1.1 only. What VGA info I should look for etc. It is for talking to family abroad usually.
Anything Greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

Stuartli 17:22 20 Feb 04

The highest resolution, in general, is 640x480 and you can get up to 30fps - but this might not be achievable with dialup.

Any of the better Creative, Logitech, Philips etc will prove a good buy, although the D-Link NetEasy 350 offers an equivalent specification, has a proper CCD, yet costs under £27.

I use one (did a swap with my son for my Creative VideoPlus Webcam as the D-Link gave problems, for some reason, with broadband) and it delivers exactly the same performance as the Creative.

Only letdown is a thickish USB cable and a rather gaudy orange top to the webcam's case.

You can get one at click here

If you look this model up on the net, you won't find it under D-Link but Neteasy....:-)

Stuartli 17:23 20 Feb 04

The D-Link price should read under £20...

Dio 17:29 20 Feb 04

Thanks Stuartli. appreciate the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…