webcam broadcast problems

squashman 00:48 24 Jan 04

having been given a logitech quickcam so we are able to comune with the grandchildren, have had no success. the camera works well but cannot get sound or vision contact using windows messenger. i am on ntl broadband and son is on compuserve. we can type messenges but thats all.
any ideas?

Gary7 00:55 24 Jan 04

Can you see your camera pic in MSN ?

squashman 01:26 24 Jan 04

no only black square

Chegs ® 01:35 24 Jan 04

MSN + webcams is well known for causing troubles.There are several alternatives(yahoo messenger,AIM,etc)but I have forgotten the name of another that folk here advised me to get ages back.

johnnyrocker 07:50 24 Jan 04

yahoo messenger is by far the best, another alternative is eyeball chat .com

johnny.

squashman 23:58 24 Jan 04

thanks for the ideas, will try them out and let you know

Chegs ® 01:19 25 Jan 04

click here as johnnyrocker didn't leave the url. ;-)

rickf 09:55 25 Jan 04

Upgrade to MSN 6.1 if you have not yet done so. Which Logitech do you have? I understand some don't work properly with MSN. We got the Creative NX Pro it works perfectly and very esay to install on XP.

squashman 00:14 26 Jan 04

have already tried msn6.1. cam is a quickcam. am trying to set up with yahoo and eyeball. will let you know how it goes

Bagsey 01:59 26 Jan 04

^

D-P-R 03:27 26 Jan 04

Try this, in the main messenger window click tools then Audio/Video Tuning Wizard then next and just check it is using your logitech quickcam. I had this problem a few weeks ago and it turned out it was trying to get the video from another device

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…