webcam audio problems with windows live

ozzy 123 17:33 16 Jan 09

Hi im using a new logitech webcam through windows live. no one i speak to on windows live can hear me speak it has a biult in microphone and works fine when recording video through the supplied software or windows movie maker its only when using messenger the problem arisesim using windows xp home.
many thanks in advance

Technotiger 17:36 16 Jan 09

Instead of Win Live I use Skype which has under Tools>Options a section to test your Video and Audio. I have never used WL but perhaps if you look under Tools, you might find something similar.

Skype is far superior IMHO!

howard64 17:37 16 Jan 09

I found that the logitech driver that came with the webcam was faulty and had to go to the logitech site to download the latest driver. One thought you can set up your webcam in messenger using the tools option.

^wave^ 18:11 16 Jan 09

do you have any video conferencing software in your computer ie skype or oovoo i had a similar prob on a friends computer i either had voice and no video or video and no voice i took off the skype then reinstalled the logitek stuff and all was well also agree skype is much better than msn live stuff

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now