webcam?

Pererin 15:19 24 Mar 08

Hi guys, any idea how to turn off a webcam without having to turn off the computer. When I turn mine on it will only close down (go off) if I turn the computer off and re-start it which is getting really annoying now. I cannot find anything in the literature that came with the webcam so would appreciate any help. It is a Creative wevcam with a clip for top of monitor. Need more details I will find them for you. Thanks in advance.

recap 15:36 24 Mar 08

Look in the systray (next to the clock) for the webcam icon. Right click and select Exit.

ambra4 15:44 24 Mar 08

If using Skype the webcam will only auto start when you on a call

Tools-Options-Video Setting

Technotiger 15:51 24 Mar 08

You should be able to just click on the X at top right corner of webcam window.

Technotiger 15:53 24 Mar 08

What program are you using at the time you want to turn off the webcam?

Technotiger 15:58 24 Mar 08

I have four programs in which I use my webcam (normally a webcam is never switched off anyway) - Skype has 'Start my Video' and 'Stop my Video' - DV Camera Manager is just as per my first Response above, as is Pure Motion and WinTV Amcap.

Pererin 22:11 24 Mar 08

Using it with an instant messaging site, just want to be able to disable the camera without having to exit programme. Thanks anyway will try your suggestions.

rossgolf 22:13 24 Mar 08

unplug it??

Technotiger 10:49 25 Mar 08

Why not use Skype instead of whatever IM program you are using. Introduce your contacts to Skype, I am certain you/they will all like Skype.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac