webcam

pauliney 12:33 07 Nov 05

please can you help I have a webcam But cannot get it working keeps stating some thing about firewalls we both have norton fire walls thanks if you can help

ACOLYTE 15:04 07 Nov 05

What program do you use to run the cam?,this will need acsess to the net.I assume it messenger
then this need to have acsess,you can also run the audio/video wizard from within messenger to set it all up.

pauliney 15:15 07 Nov 05

thanks for reply
I have loaded labtec already but we not let me and my daughter see each other keeps stating firewall could be problem
I can send vedeo emails

BH34 15:46 07 Nov 05

Have a look here it may help you click here

pauliney 15:48 07 Nov 05

is this labtec webcam program not for communication on the Internet or is it just email videos I want to see my daughter and chat using pc thanks

pauliney 15:51 07 Nov 05

thanks I have looked at your click here no help there we just cannot see each other

BH34 12:26 08 Nov 05

What messenger are you using Yahoo, MSN, AOL

pauliney 11:06 09 Nov 05

thank for reply aol

BH34 14:20 09 Nov 05

Running the Video/Audio Tuning wizard helps fix problems you have with your web camera, microphone or speaker setup.

1. From AIM Preferences, click Live Video. Click Video/Audio Tuning to start the wizard.

2. The first screen automatically detects the web camera that’s connected to your PC. If you have more than one camera installed, you could choose which one you want to work with from the drop-down list. Click Next to continue.

3. The next screen displays a video screen. Follow the instructions on the screen, and click Next to continue.

4. The next screen provides tips about microphone and speaker performance. Click Next to continue.

5. The Audio and Video Tuning Wizard detects the microphone and speakers you want to use. If you have different microphones and speakers set up for your PC, you can choose which ones you want to work with from the drop-down list.

6. Click the box next to I am using headphones if that is the case, which sets up the audio to work properly with headphone sets. Click Next to continue.

7. The speaker test on the next page tests the volume and performance of your speakers. You can adjust the volume by moving the volume slide bar. Click Next to continue.

8. The microphone test screen checks the microphone for volume and performance. Once you are satisfied, click Finish to end the Video and Audio Tuning Wizard.

pauliney 11:20 10 Nov 05

thanks for reply I will try again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…