web template problems

Superstylin 09:48 15 May 05

hi, i'm using a web template to help me build my first website....there are tables down the side of this website temp' click here in which to place your navigation buttons/bar....i've placed the buttons into a working bar but i'm left with a table that is too 'high' because i only have 3 buttons in the bottom navigation table.

i've changed the spacer height which works to resize the table but then all of the other images are out of sync, i'm left with blank areas where the rest of the table was :s

that was a bit long-winded but hopefully you get the idea.

any tips for lessening the size of that table to fit only the three buttons without messing up the whole template??

zemdarin 18:58 23 May 05

Why don't you just try <td valign=middle>

zemdarin 09:43 24 May 05

Hi I don't think that will help much as I have just looked at your source. Do you know how to make your own templates? If you do you could use tables as you already have, but make more use of colspan and rowspan by including a height or width attribute. Colspan relating to the amount of columns you use, same with rowspan.
example
<td colspan="4" height="10"> which will push your links down the side more.
<td rowspan="3" width="20">
You can have a look at how I have used it if you would like click here right click and view the source on my home page. Extra gaps are made by including a td with width or height attributes which are for spacing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…