Web Surfing

spikey 09:35 21 Apr 03

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro 4300, 320mg Ram, 20 Meg hard drive, running Windows 98 SE. When working on the net the computer will "stop", that is the two small monitors shown on the bottom of the screen will not be lit up, as they are when working normally. This will last for a minute or two, I can then carry on surfing for a minute or so then it will happen again. I've removed all programs from working in the background I've updated modem driver and even formatted the drive re installed windows 98se. Even with nothing else loaded on the hard drive it still happens. Now and then after starting Internet Explorer, the "Dial up connection" dialog box won't appear for a minute or so. Anyone with ant ideas would be gratefully recieved. Help

VoG™ 09:42 21 Apr 03

It would be better if you stuck to your original thread click here

Posting the same question more than once leads to confusion. If you stick to one thread, contributors can see what's already been tried.

MichelleC 10:22 21 Apr 03

It may be best to tick 'resolved' on the other thread. If you're not getting results from one shift then others may be able to help by 'bumping' your thread.

Try deleting all temp internet files, plus repairing ie via add/remove. Good luck.

spikey 13:33 21 Apr 03

Thanks Michelle I've closed the other thread, the temp files being cleared and I've formatted and re-installed Windows and it happens before I even load on any more software than is needed to get online. Thanks anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5