Web Spiders? What are they?

Jimbo50 09:59 02 Mar 11

When checking visitors on line recently on my small website ,I have been seeing 6-8 similar IP addresses, the first 3 sets of numbers of the address are the same and the last set is normally in sequence ie 173, 174, 175 and so on.

I did a reverse IP lookup and it showed a company in Seattle, Washington but I can’t find any info on them.

Should I be worried about this and is there anything I can do to stop it happening as one of the things it is doing is inflating my pages viewed and visitors figure?

Any help would be appreciated.

rawprawn 10:05 02 Mar 11

Is this any help? click here

Jimbo50 10:22 02 Mar 11

Rawprawn

Wow!! that was a superfast response, 6 minutes!!

I had Googled a litle bit and found that item but as a non technical person some (most) flew right by me. My understanding from briefley reading this is that it is basically reading information for possible browsing use at a later date and to speedup searching.

The main question I have I suppose is this, is this harmful or should I not be worried about it.

wiz-king 10:45 02 Mar 11

Nothing to worry about, I get a lot of them, just had alook and I have had 14 spiders/robots visit a total of 496 visits - top of the list Yahoo Slurp click here- with 168 visits.

ashdav 13:02 02 Mar 11

Seattle is not a million miles away (16 to be exact) from Redmond the home of Microsoft so it's possible you've been "Binged".

sunnystaines 13:18 02 Mar 11

only got them in the pc case i think they live of the dustmites, but do no harm.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…