Web site..where do I start?

ivesy 22:08 17 Jul 04

My partner has started making cards I think it would be a good idea to set up a web page to advertise it and take orders. The problem is I don't know where to start in actually building a web site! Does anyone have any ideas about what software I need and where to get help?

AndySD 23:02 17 Jul 04

You are going to need some software... if you have MS office with frontpage...then use frontpage of there s a free editor click here or try a 30 day trial of soneting like click here namo its not to expensive to buy if you like it. To get help ask here.

ivesy 12:16 18 Jul 04

Thanks for the speedy response. I have Office so I'll give that a go. How much does it cost to have a website and how do I go about applying for web space?

ivesy 12:17 18 Jul 04

Thanks for the speedy response. I have Office so I'll give that a go. How much does it cost to have a website and how do I go about applying for web space?

AndySD 12:51 18 Jul 04

ivesy

A big question...but to start with who is your ISP as many of them give you some webspace free and this is a good place to start with.

ivesy 13:15 18 Jul 04

I'm with AOL broadband Gold and we just want a basic 2-3 pages just to advertise the cards.
Cheers

AndySD 15:52 18 Jul 04

Ok you will need a hosting site for your pages and the domain name (eg pecturepostcards.co.uk will cast £8-£12 per month as for the hosting then losok at someting like click here or click here;jsessionid=29223CCDB30EABABE197212F187E8FFC.TC31a?__frame=_top as you are just starting its probable simpler to order your domain name from the company you choose to host it ( you can always move it at a later date)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple