web siteDirectory Listing Denied

john1000 21:15 02 Oct 04

i am trying to go on a web site and am recieving the following message web site Directory Listing Denied any ideas?

Valvegrid 21:59 02 Oct 04

Yes, I've had this before, I think its something to do with not accessing the directory correctly. Try adding something like index.htm or index.html to the end of the web address. Do you have a link to the site you're trying to access?

john1000 22:20 02 Oct 04
  OwenLotts 22:41 02 Oct 04

I got a 403 error....

Valvegrid 23:59 02 Oct 04

I get the same as you. I think its as I thought, there isn't an index page of some sort to refer to, so you're probably trying to access the files on the web page directly, which is illegal, that's the result you're seeing. When you call a web page it looks for a file called index.html if it doesn't find it it carries on down a list till it find some sort of reference, PCA's is index.cfm

If it has been working and now has stopped, it could be they are doing some maintenance on the site, so the index page has been removed, or there's a problem with the site's host. I get a similar message at work on or web page if I forget to upload the index page after I've worked on it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…