web site for storing files and phots for others to

iqs 18:14 21 Jan 09

Hi,

Is there a free if possible web site, where I can upload files and photos for example which others can download if I allow it ?.

We have relatives in Australia and Argentina,who we send family photos and video to.Most are to big to attach,so we send discs,expensive .

Any help is appreciated,thanks

MAJ 18:27 21 Jan 09

Photobucket click here There are others as well, but their name has slipped my mind at the moment.

iqs 18:37 21 Jan 09

thanks for the help MAJ,almost what I was after,I should of made my thread clearer.

When I say which others can view,I mean only those I choose,just family not the rest of the world.

Maybe something like online storage ??. Thank you for the link,if all else fails I will give Photobucket a try,cheers

^wave^ 18:38 21 Jan 09

try flicka or google picas3 web albums

rick808 18:48 21 Jan 09

You cna setup a private account on photobucket and onlnly those with a password can see them - click here

VoG II 18:48 21 Jan 09
  MAJ 18:53 21 Jan 09

"When I say which others can view,I mean only those I choose,just family not the rest of the world."

That's what I thought you meant, iqs, as far as I know you can keep them private and only share with those you want.

Photobox click here is another, I forgot I had a free account with them.

lotvic 19:02 21 Jan 09

Global Message Exchange can do what you are wanting.
In the Web Office part - File Storage
"Send an e-mail to invite friends to your GMX File Storage:
* Share folders
* For a predefined time span or without any time limit
* Full control over who can see which contents for how long"

It's free and reliable and very easy to use click here

iqs 19:04 21 Jan 09

Thank you all for the advice and links,I will give all of them ago this evening,I'm sure one will fit my needs,once again many thanks

MAJ 19:26 21 Jan 09

Another way to share the photos and videos, iqs, if you don't fancy of the above, is to use an FTP Server. I have done it before and it works well. What happens is that the files are stored on a folder on your PC and your relatives connect to that folder over the internet, they can then download the files directly from your folder. Here's a tutorial on how to do it, if you're interested. click here

iqs 22:47 21 Jan 09

thanks for the suggestion,because its for family only that may be the answer,will have a read,thanks again for the help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…