web site for social history

josie mayhem 13:54 23 Mar 04

I'm looking for sites that deal with social history and have photo's that I can download, the era's I'm looking at are mainly the 30's and 40's. Photo content can be adverts that were around at these times, pictures of working life, school life, clothing worn at these times ect.?

Why am I looking.

I'm a care worker, I work with the elderly who have a mental health problems, i.e short term memory loss, dementia and many other illness that effect the brain, and the persons mental abilities. Sometime by using things i.e as above, I can use these as prompts, during a one to one session, to enable them to remermise a period of there life's. It can also help us build a picture of who they were and what they did, as social interaction, even talking is a very big part of quaility of life.

I hope that some one can help, I'm not being totaly lazy and just intend to plonk this here, I am off to search good old googly!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…