Web Site Promotion

glen2409 15:05 12 Feb 06

Hi,

We hope you can help.

We have recently created a website and were wondering how we promote it so it appear on seach engines like Google and is well placed.

Any ideas?

Thanks

EARLR 16:47 12 Feb 06

I have heard that Google requires sites to get a lot of hits to do what you want without paying Google for the privilege. Maybe if you post the URL some of the members of this forum will help out.

pj123 17:24 12 Feb 06

Google send spiders over the web all the time.

They will eventually find it and it will be listed but not necessarily on the first page.

Give us a link to the site?

glen2409 22:04 12 Feb 06

Thanks

click here

octal 22:11 12 Feb 06

Submit your site on these links:

click here

click here

click here

click here

octal 22:22 12 Feb 06

I've just had a look at the source code on your site, you want to add a little more information to make easier for the search engine crawlers to find your site by adding the follow code:

Add a description of your site, if you add it between the "" after the content=

<meta name="DESCRIPTION"
content=""

This line adds keywords to your site for the crawlers to find, again add the keywords between the ""

<meta name="KEYWORDS"
content="">

octal 22:25 12 Feb 06

I forgot the > at the end of the first line of code, it should be

<meta name="DESCRIPTION"
content="">

alfo 22:31 12 Feb 06

octal is right - if you take a look at the source HTML for a popular site you will get the idea. Stick as many relavent keywords in as you can.

alfo 22:34 12 Feb 06

Oh yes, nearly forgot - best to put email address in as an image file otherwise you are going to be innundated with spam!

octal 22:37 12 Feb 06

alfo is correct about the email address, whatever you do don't put a mailto link in, this is my site click here if you scroll down you'll see the email address in an image at the bottom.

glen2409 22:54 13 Feb 06

Thanks for your help and comments.

Not sure about the code issue as very new to web design. I have submitted for msn,google and yahoo from your links.

We wanted the email link to work by clicking it that it opens your email client with the email address already entered. We have not had any spam problems as yet.

Any futher hellp appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac