Web site Pictures not viewable / Email rule

collinsc 17:07 25 Sep 08

Hi

My relative has a web site designed by someone. I have 2 questions:

1 - The pictures on the website are viewable by myself (Vista) but not on his PC (XP 6). Im assuming he can not view them due to this difference? I can't think of any other reason?

2 - On his contact email address from the website-if we were to set it up so it said for example "Whatever" in the subject line, could we then ensure that any messages sent to his email address would end up in a certain folder i.e. by setting up a rule? He wants any mail sent to this address to go to a certain folder. The web designer has set up forwarding - so whenever a mail is sent to this address it actualy goes through to another..

Sorry for all these questions in one go - there will be a few more though!

Cheers

Woolwell 19:12 25 Sep 08

1. The viewing of the pictures should not be caused by the difference in OS (Vista v XP) but could be down to browser/anti-virus/anti-malware settings. I am assuming that he is viewing the website via the net and not on his PC without being connected.

2. Read Outlook help about setting up rules. This is fairly straightforward.

collinsc 19:19 25 Sep 08

1. yes he is viewing online... ekse nothing would appear at all... he can see the text but no pics.

2. ok thanks

Woolwell 19:30 25 Sep 08

Does he get a cross where there should be pics?

Technotiger 19:35 25 Sep 08

To see pictures when browsing the Internet - In Internet Explorer click on Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab and then scroll down to Multimedia and make sure that Show Pictures box is ticked.

collinsc 12:57 26 Sep 08

Interestingly no, he does not get crosses - which i found odd.

technotiger - cheers ill get him to try that, though i assume he can see pictures on other sites, else he would have mentioned this im sure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…