Web Site-How?

flobby 10:26 28 Aug 03

Hi All, I am thinking about setting up my own web site, as I have an idea that people may be interested in.
But I do not know where to start. Do I need to register a name first? Do I need a programme like Dreamweaver? if so which is best? plus any other advice. I do not wish to use my ISP's space as it hopefully will become a business.
Thank you all in anticipation. Any help, however small will be appreciated. Cheers, Flobby

Terrahawk 10:46 28 Aug 03

may be worth reposting this on the web design forum link at top of page

GregB 10:50 28 Aug 03

1. Don't require any flashy software to create websites, Notepad is sufficent provided you can learn HTML - very straight forward, just find a nice tutorial off the 'Net. Obviously for nicer, flashy web sites then some better software may be required - can't really offer advice here.

2. To register a name, you'll get various rates for various sites, shop around a little. They'll also offer varying amounts of web-space (the physical size of your web-site), etc.... way up the options and prices and make your selection. Majority of them will include free domain name registration with the more expensive packages.

3. The cheapest option would be to load you website to your ISP space, register a domain name, and redirect that to point to your ISP space.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017