Web site hosting

garhelen 20:41 15 Jun 03

Where's the cheapest place to host a website considering I don't know that much about setting up my website in the first place

Keith 21:33 15 Jun 03

Use a search engine using keywords 'web hosting' - you will find many companies. Tips: choose one that offers technical support and compare what's on offer; e.g. the amount of webspace offered, facilities (CGI-bin etc) amd weigh them up. I assume you are UK based - go for a UK based firm so the server is 'local'. Try 24-Internet (click here) - I've used them a few times and found their Starter pack excellent and support AOK. No such thing as a free lunch! Keith

spuds 21:37 15 Jun 03

Give these a try: click here They have many packages available. You can even make up your own demo website, as a free try-out.

keith-236785 22:13 15 Jun 03

use your own webspace, its free

who is your internet service provider

you can buy a domain name and have it pointed (redirected) to your own web space but you dont even need to do that

click here , sign up and your web address would be something like www. garhelen.freeuk.com

if you use freeserve it wont look so neat,

if you use freeuk, when you are registering choose a username that you want your web address to be ie garhelen(if thats what you want) this will then form the address as stated above.

Best of all its free, you just have to log on once every three months to keep the account active.

Peter E 23:36 15 Jun 03

Try this link...
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…